2004-09-14

09/14, A Personal Day In Perpetuity

September 14 is, as few of you can ever know, a very bad day in my personal history. Last year's anniversary wasn't so bad. It was almost bland and uneventful. I thought I was free and clear.

This year was so bad that I have decided that I want to start taking September 14 off, regularly, and just staying in bed for the good of mankind and my own sense of well-being. And it's not just emotional trauma, either: it's work and relationships and the whole kit, just acting like a menace and looking for me. September 14s are bad news in my book, so I think I'd like to be done with them now, for ever and all time. If you want to do something on September 14, include me out. I'll be locked up in my dark little apartment hating the world and all who dwell within it, thankyouverymuch.

Fortunately, this year September 14 falls on a Tuesday, my usual trivia and wings night, so I don't have to pretend there's some special occasion for me to need to go to a bar and drink until I can't feel feelings anymore. The hard part will be keeping my big mouth shut, but if I gorge it with food that should cover it up quite nicely.

No comments: