2008-12-07

In Loving Memory of Richard Mulligan and Toucan Sam

When I was in Mexico, I fell in love with the little bars of complimentary bath soap they kept bringing into my bathroom. It smells like lemons, but not like a real lemon.

It smells like the synthetic lemon aroma in a box of Froot Loops.

DSCN4574

I haven't had a bowl of Froot Loops in forever and a day, but sure enough when I stepped in the shower and took a whiff of the soap, I was ten again and, yes, I was following my nose.

I smuggled two bars of it back with me, and I'm already down to a translucent-along-the-edges sliver of Bar Number One. When they're gone, I might have to buy a box of Froot Loops. I might have to buy several. And add them to a very surreal milk bath involving an entire bunch of sliced bananas, a spoon, and Yours Truly.

No comments: