2008-12-31

Dusk of the Final Day...

...three hours remain.

This is the space on my blog where, annually, I bitch and moan about how terrible the last year has been and how I can't wait for it to be over.

As luck hard work would have it, 2008 was pretty fucking fantastic. In preparing for this entry, I was reviewing my last year of writing, and I ran across a tidbit from therapist Shirley "I'm Ira's Mom" Glass, who wrote that after a divorce, men's standard of living is statistically likely to increases 10%, while women's standard of living is apt to drop by 27%.

Late last night, tired and bleary-eyed, I misread that, thinking it said that a newly single man's standard of living increases by 100%. And all I could think at the time was "bull's eye".

I'm not just talking about doubling my salary, either. I've unilaterally made huge leaps in the categories of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. 2008 is the year that I learned that I can accomplish whatever I set my mind to. Even if that happens to be ending sentences with prepositions.

Life is actually been going really well. I can only hope that 2009 lives up to the high standard that 2008 set.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No qualifiers, 2008 has been, thus far, the best year of my life. High-five, 2008!