2008-11-16

Start Driving North from California and Stop When It Starts Raining

This is what happens when I turn my back on a band for a couple of months.

After they retired the elbo.ws Covers Project and retreated into the studio to make an album, Ruby Isle dropped off of my radar. Turns out their freshman album was released in August.

I bought my copy immediately, though they say I could have gotten it from iTunes tonight, or from Amazon without DRM. Still, I want the physical medium in my hands. And how can you not like the text of Kindercore's checkout confirmation page:

"You did it! Give yourself a pat on the back for a job well done then sit back and wait while we pack up and ship your order post haste! Seriously though, we will get your order out the door as fast as humanly possible. Remember, we love you!"

Ruby Isle did a west coast tour that missed the entire state of Washington, so frankly those guys suck at geography. A tour isn't a real tour until it involves playing a gig in Seattle. (Psst: Seattle is totally on the west coast.) Do I have to draw you a picture?

No comments: