2007-06-03

Sound Effect

I never watched Jake 2.0 when it was on TV, but I do have access to an HDTV these days, and its reruns are on one of the HD channels.

I'm watching this show out of the corner of my eye, and it's about a low-level tech support drone at the NSA who is accidentally contaminated with nanorobotic technology that, instead of killing him, makes him into a superhuman intel agent.

Whatever. That's not my point. My point is that their super-elite NSA headquarters that is the pinnacle of technology for the Free World uses sliding doors.

I wasn't even paying attention to this minutiae, but I know the Doom "door opening" sound instinctively. So I look up, and go "Hey, was that the Doom 'door opening' sound?" Now I was upset, because it could easily have been a different mechanical sound and there was no chance that I'd start watching to show just to hang around long enough to wait for someone to open a door.

Fortunately, no sooner than the door had opened, it closed. With the same sound effect. And it was, I'd stake my life on it, from Doom. Neat.

No comments: