When a Canadian Sci-Fi Author Podcasts
A few years ago, Cory "Craphound" Doctorow published a story on Salon.com called 0wnz0red. I enjoyed reading this story when it was first released, and the cherry on the sundae is that I didn't even know he was the one who wrote it.
I didn't know that Cory Doctorow wrote 0wnz0red until he read part one on his podcast four years later. I had almost completely forgotten about this story until now, and suddenly it's starting to make sense.
As much as I enjoy the story, I see now the hallmarks of a typical Cory Doctorow story: the snippets of technobabble, the rote repetition of ThinkGeek T-shirt slogans, and the abuse of cutesy "ain't I cool" non-slang like referring to Starbucks as Fourbucks.
Touché, Cory. Trés witty. Our bitter differences aside, 0wnz0red is an entertaining story and this is as close as it will ever get to an audiobook.
No comments:
Post a Comment