2006-09-21

Ana Grim

I've been listening to some of the new influx of old-fashioned radio drama brought into the modern podcast era. Chief among these are the Firefly fan series Old Wounds and Shadow Falls, which is an experience pretty much like what would happen if you watched a Stephen King miniseries on a TV with a broken brightness knob.

I kind of like Shadow Falls, not because I think it's a terrific story, though it's starting to grow on me, but because it's a tribute to a forgotten era of American entertainment. I think the show has the flaw of taking itself too seriously, but, like Twin Peaks, you just have to sit back and enjoy the ambience of it all.

If you want to play along with the story of Shadow Falls, stop reading now.


I am 85% certain these are correct:

Brier Ghent = The Bringer
Galen Altos = A Lost Angel

More as I find them.

Update: 2006-09-24 17:49

Red Van Stark = Dark Servant

Update: 2006-10-04 19:34

They put me in the Shadow Falls Companion #3 podcast (MP3 audio).

No comments: