>> bd = Brain.dump
A couple of things:
- Mozilla updated Firefox to 1.5.0.7 yesterday. For reasons unbeknownst to me, this broke the installation on my iBook and I had to re-download and install it from scratch.
- I finally got around to watching Creating a weblog in 15 minutes from the Ruby on Rails website. Color me unimpressed, but I seriously want that text editor that David Heinemeier Hansson uses.
- I was washing Erica's Sagittarius coffee mug at the kitchen sink this morning when it occurred to me that one of the things I've never resolved with my mother was how she would continually try to defuse tense situations with humor instead of facing any kind of real confrontation, particularly when the combatants were my sister and me. Her behavior would trivialize the argument and, by extension, whatever it was that was upsetting me, which neither a) resolved the conflict or b) improved my self-esteem. It amazes me that it took me this long to finally identify this issue I had growing up, and now the point is entirely moot.
- I replaced NetTime with NTPv4 on my Windows XP system to test it out and get some solid metrics on my home network's time synchronization setup. It turns out that within the six days of data I've collected, my XP system clock has not drifted further than ± 0.128 seconds. This is above my 0.1 target, but not by much. To get anything lower, I'd have to switch operating systems, or architectures. The new target? Every device under 0.2 s.
No comments:
Post a Comment