2008-12-28

Still Up

Work called, so I stayed up a little later than I was planning, but it all seems to be good now. Tonight I am reminded of one of the guiding principles outlined in The Pigeon Egg Strategy: it doesn't exist until there is a word for it.

In my case, the problem doesn't come up until you know how to fix it. This is actually a good thing, since it means that we can catch the problem when it starts and we can immediately begin steps to repair it. And by "we" I mean "me". The number of SQL replication problems I've encountered in the last eight or nine days is statistically higher than the number of replication problems I've seen in the last year or so.

Granted, I spend time last weekend learning how to fix them, and boy am I glad I did. Now that I have a word for it, I'm finding it exists all over the place.

Took 3 mg of Melatonin. Hopefully that will help me get to sleep soon.

1 comment:

Jezcabelle said...

I added some magnesium w/ my melatonin & slept like a babe - til i woke up - evil loud purring cuddleshark by my head