2008-11-16

You Missed A Couple

One from the vaults: Forbes released a list of the world's ugliest buildings a few years ago that CNN has dredged up again. Numbers two and three, respectively, are the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland and the Experience Music Project in Seattle.

I agree that the Hall of Fame is never going to win any beauty contests, but I stared at it for six years and that kind of thing tends to make you stop really seeing it for what it really is. I find it looks more stupid than it does ugly.

I'd swap the Hall of Fame out and put the Peter B. Lewis Building in in its place. Same city, even. It and the EMP can be side-by-side Gehry-fueled atrocities.

For that matter, I'd put the Space Needle on the list, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I don't understand how the Hall of Fame can make the list when its not even the ugliest building in the city.